Trades Pool - Submit Your Resumé Here!
Multiple Locations, Nunavut
- Come and experience life in one of Canada's northernmost communities and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Highly competitive hourly rates!
- A challenging and rewarding role for an experienced tradesperson!
About the Organization
The Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) works to deliver housing solutions for Nunavut communities. The NHC delivers the Public Housing Program to 25 Nunavut communities with a vision of ensuring affordable housing options for all Nunavummiut. The financial and professional resources needed to provide ongoing public housing services are made available through management agreements between the NHC and Local Housing Organizations (LHO).
About the Opportunity
Currently, Nunavut Housing Corporation's agents (LHOs) are seeking qualified Journeymen Plumbers, Carpenters, Oil Burner Mechanics, Mechanics, Housing Maintainers, and more to support operations, maintenance and renovations for housing units in all 25 fly-in communities in Nunavut.
Reporting to the LHO Maintenance Manager (or LHO Housing Manager), tradespersons will be involved in renovating and upgrading social housing units. Scopes of work vary depending on the condition of each unit and may include, but are not limited to, upgrades, preventative maintenance, installations, repairs and system upgrades.
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience at the interprovincial Journeyman level;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervising position;
- Previous experience in Arctic construction and maintenance would be an asset;
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license with a 3-year driver’s abstract;
- A clear Criminal record and vulnerable sectors record check
The successful candidates will be skilled tradespeople who enjoy also supervising and teaching apprentices and labourers, and who promote a safe worksite and lead by example.
Finally, candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and autonomously.
About the Benefits
Successful incumbents will be rewarded with a competitive salary. A great range of employee benefits are available, including:
- Competitive hourly rate as per collective agreements (different for each community)
- Subsidized housing provided (sometimes shared accommodations)
- Various contract lengths available; fly-in/fly-out rotation schedule to be negotiated
- Term can be extended or renewed upon mutual agreement
NHC is collecting resumes to create a pool of qualified candidates. Individuals will be hired by the independent housing authority in each community. Resumes will be kept for a period of 12 months.
If you are looking for a role where no day is the same, and where you can make a real difference in the lives of others, then this is the role for you - APPLY TODAY!