Manager, Housing and Finance Operations
Various Communities, Nunavut
- Experience life in one of Canada's northernmost communities and make a difference every day!
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary ranging from $104,269 to $122,684 plus a Northern Allowance between $16,008 and $43,588 based on the community!
- Take on a challenging and rewarding role as a Housing and Finance Operations Manager with Local Housing Organizations!
About Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC)
The NHC delivers Public Housing, Staff Housing, and Homeownership programs in all 25 Nunavut communities through close cooperation with our local partners. The financial resources and professional support needed to provide ongoing services to Nunavummiut are made available through management agreements between the NHC and the Local Housing Organizations. Our vision focuses on providing a variety of affordable housing options for families and individuals in Nunavut. NHC's mission aims to enable all Nunavut residents to access homes that promote a healthy, secure, independent, and dignified lifestyle by working together with communities and empowering them to take on the responsibility of housing provision for Nunavummiut.
About the Opportunity
Local Housing Organizations (LHOs) have several exciting opportunities for Housing and Finance Operations Managers in various communities across Nunavut, all of which are remote, fly-in/fly out locations.
To succeed in this role, candidates must have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building abilities, robust management and financial expertise, and a significant capacity to adapt and adjust to varying experiences and challenging situations.
They should also be proficient in promoting cooperation and teamwork while maintaining the capability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including administration, maintenance staff, the Board of Directors, Nunavut Housing Corporation, tenants, suppliers, and contractors.
As our ideal candidate, you must possess:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in:
- Property management and/or housing maintenance and/or social housing administration
- Direct experience managing staff and/or teams
- FiPancial management experience
- A valid Class 5 Driver's license
- A satisfactory Criminal Records and Credit Check
Asset qualifications may also include:
- Knowledge of the Inuit language and communities, culture, land, and Inuit Quajimajatuqangiit. Inuktut, and experience working in a northern cross-cultural environment
- A strong understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act E
- Experience and/or understanding of the process of reporting to a Board
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong problem-solving and time management skills. The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and monitor the progress of all activities is essential.
About the Benefits
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary ranging from $104,269 to $122,684, based on skills and experience.
You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
- A Northern Allowance between $16,008 and $43,588 based on the community
- Enrolment in the NEBS Pension Plan and Insurance
- Subsidized Housing (if applicable)
- 3 weeks of vacation to start and 2-week paid leave in lieu
- Relocation and Removal Assistance (if applicable)
The NHC and LHOs are committed to creating a more representative workforce so that they can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
If you are looking for a role where no day is the same, and where you can make a real difference in the lives of others, then this is the role for you - APPLY TODAY!
Urgent hiring. Open until filled. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.