Cape Dorset (Kinngait), Nunavut
- Experience life and make a difference in one of Canada's northernmost communities!
- Be rewarded with a $50 hourly wage!
- Excel as a Journeyman Plumber in this uniquely rewarding role!
About Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC)
The Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) works to deliver housing solutions that provide an important link to Nunavut communities. The NHC delivers the Public Housing Program to 25 Nunavut communities with a vision of ensuring affordable housing options for all Nunavummiut. The financial and professional resources needed to provide ongoing public housing services are made available through management agreements between the NHC and the Local Housing Organizations (LHO).
About the Opportunity
Currently, the Nunavut Housing Corporation is recruiting a full-time Service Plumber This is a FULL TIME position that requires the incumbent to RELOCATE to Cape Dorset (Kinngait), Nunavut on a permanent basis. Rotational work is NOT available.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Plumber will be involved in renovating and upgrading social housing units. Scopes of work will vary depending on the condition of each unit and may include, but are not limited to, water and sewage tank installation, bathroom upgrades, plumbing preventative maintenance, hot water tank installations, radiant heat repairs and system upgrades.
To qualify for this role, you will need:
- Minimum 5 years experience at the interprovincial Journeyperson Maintenance / Service Plumber level
- Proven knowledge or experience in residential plumbing and heating systems
- A valid Journeyperson certification in plumbing
- Permission to legally work in Canada
- The ability to work outdoors, in cold or extreme cold climates, and be able to manoeuvre in crawlspaces
- Current Class 5 driver’s license with a clean 3-year driver’s abstract
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sectors Record Check will be required
In addition, the following will be considered assets but are not required:
- Previous work in Nunavut
- Previous experience in Arctic construction and maintenance
- Experience with living in an isolated/ northern community and working with Indigenous communities.
About the Benefits
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive salary and will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
- $50 hourly wage
- Subsidized housing
- Free relocation (for successful candidate and partner) to the community
- Participation in group pension plan
- Health/dental coverage
This position is non-unionized.
Nunavut Inuit must mention their status in order to receive priority hiring.
NHC will create a pool of qualified candidates for other communities. Individuals may be contacted by local housing organizations in other communities, for future opportunities. Resumes will be kept for a period of 12 months.
If you are looking for a role where no day is the same, and where you can make a real difference in the lives of others, then this is the role for you - APPLY TODAY!